'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!'
A single pink rose bud has been preserved and captured inside a tiny glass globe with a mixture of Queen Annes Lace, Meadowsweet and white moss to make this incredibly sweet and romantic keepsake necklace.
Roses have had a deeply symbolic meaning since the time of the Greeks and Romans, when they were affiliated with Aphrodite and Venus, the Goddess's of love, beauty and femininity up to more recent times,such as the single rose that sealed Belle's tragic fate in the much loved folk tale, Beauty and the Beast to Victorian times when a pink rose was given to symbolize happiness and a rosebud for new love.
Based on the history and folklore of these plants, I have created a truly meaningful gift for your loved one, a bouquet of flowers which will never wilt or fade away. Your new pendant will arrive safely packaged in one of my beautiful signature gift boxes, complete with a gift card.
You can see more of my botanical jewellery here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RubyRobinBoutique
As this piece was made real flowers and plants, take care to keep it dry and to store it away from direct sunlight when you're not wearing it. The glass is much sturdier than you might think, and this piece was designed for regular wear.
The bead cap is silver plated, the chain is sterling silver.
♥ More info... ♥
* Many more original designs can be found in my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/RubyRobinBoutique
* I love to make custom pieces, whether it be flowers from your bridal bouquet, a scrap of lace or a strand of a loved ones hair I can make you something really special and unique.
* Please feel welcome to message me to reserve an item.
* For help on how to make a purchase: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/339
* If you have more questions, why not have a read over my policies: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RubyRobinBoutique/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav
* While every care has been taken to ensure the longevity of this piece, do try to keep it away from water.
♥ About Ruby Robin ♥
Ruby Robin specializes in unique, keepsake jewellery for the modern day romantic. All the designs were imagined and made by Irish designer Khrystyna Marriott.
The pieces at Ruby Robin are designed to allow the quiet beauty of nature to shine, to stir the imagination, inspire wonder and encapsulate a microcosm of long forgotten memories. I make my jewellery using a range of strange and beautiful curiosities, found in the woods and on the mountain sides, on the windswept beaches and wild meadows.
'The mountains are calling and I must go.'
- John Muir
Three feathery little dandelion seeds have been placed into a teardrop shaped glass bottle before...
€40.00 - Sold Out
A tiny bunch of forget me nots, a token from of the first days of...
This beautiful, summery living locket was made by preserving a single wild dog rose in...